Monday, January 10, 2011

Three Discoveries And One Hard Fact

Ahhhmerica's Finest City, San Diego.  I spent the weekend in this delightful Southern California town with good friends, partaking in good food and good times.  I'll spare the details about the reunion with college buddies and all the laughter THAT entails.  This is, after all, a blog about triathlon training.  But here are a few of my favorite finds a la San Diego.

Torrey Pines State Reserve - A gorgeous state park that is bustling with cyclists, walkers, hikers and runners, mark this spot as a definite must next time you are in town.  The reserve is a beautiful location to enjoy a steep road bike climb or a challenging hill workout.  At the top of the cliff's peaks, you can turn west and make your way down the sandy trails to the ocean's edge.  Dip your toes in the Pacific and watch the surfers catch a frothy wave.  How excellent is that?

Lululemon - I was dead set against this pricey athletic apparel.  The sticker shock for yoga pants was, well, sticker shock!  But San Diegans have embraced this clothing line as I repeatedly noticed the little Lululemon logo on all the really cute sporty clothing I passed throughout the day.

You want to know what sold me on this brand?  TALL!  Yes, Lulu pants come in tall sizes with an inseam of 35 inches.  That gives breathing room to even an Amazon like me.  Plus the fabrics are deliciously soft, lightweight, breatheable and plenty long to cover mid-life muffin tops.  I'm sold, Lulu.

Second Sister Jewelry - I know, I know.  Tri training.  But I'm still a GIRL!  My friend April has the most unique jewerly for sale on Etsy.  She let us invade her home and see her creations and --- we did partake.  Beautiful stuff here.  And her mind is moving in a different direction which means more styles, more pretty stuff on its way.  Even if you are in spandex and cotton all day, you might like a little bauble with your ensemble.

I love a girl's trip.  Plenty of late night chit chats and fabulous memories.  It makes that one HARD FACT all the more easy to deal with -- weekend laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Que lindo es sonar despierto.
How lovely it is to dream while you are awake.

Dreams That Have Come True