Thursday, June 16, 2011

C'est La Vie!

This will be my last post for awhile.  I'm headed off to attempt this:
IM France Bike Course

Ironman France.  The IM with a MOTHER of bike profile.  Take a closer look here:
Lots and lots of climbing.  And then some. Don't let those little blips at kilometer 165 fool ya.  I know better. 

Now, I am not known for my climbing abilities.  I am an Amazon.  Amazons are not climbers.  They're know for their adroit ability to reach for heavy objects on high shelves.  

The positives...
__ I will be in France.  Nice, France.  
__ My family will be with me.  All of us together. (Except for Scotty P.)
__ I will have carbo loaded on baguettes and chocolate croissants.
__ Did I say France? 

So bon jour for now.  Can't wait to post all the hairy details of the one Ironman I am least prepared for.  #Haverekindledmyloveaffairwithcokezero. #haveenjoyednightlydessert.  #havenotdonealegitimatelongbrick 
  
Nothing like documenting the longest day of your life -- blow by blow -- to cyberspace.  (I'm seriously worried about the 16 hour cutoff, which is one hour LESS that any Ironman in North America.)

But I'll be in France.  Yeah, France.  And such is life!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck, Lori! That's exciting.
    Eat a chocolate croissant for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can do it! but more than that, you - most of all you, lorie tucker - can enjoy it even when it hurts! yeah lorie!

    ReplyDelete

Que lindo es sonar despierto.
How lovely it is to dream while you are awake.

Dreams That Have Come True