Tuesday, November 29, 2011
Don't Waste Your Money
Livestrong.com has a lot of great info on nutrition, strength training programs and basic health concerns, myths and facts. Here's one I thought was interesting:
Sports Jelly Beans
The Claim: Sports jelly beans (also called sports beans) are touted to enhancing endurance performance.
The Facts: Sports beans are not more effective than carbohydrate-based sports beverages or a carbohydrate-based sports gel . However, sports beans were recently compared with raisins (Sunmaid brand), which performed equally to sports beans for enhancing endurance performance . But subjects rated the raisins more pleasurable to consume. So raisins might be the better choice as they are 3-4 times cheaper, and contain more health-promoting phytonutrition.
Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/slideshow/550744-the-20-most-overrated supplements/#ixzz1f8DfflwM
Dreams That Have Come True
- ► 2015 (16)
- ► 2014 (35)
- ► 2013 (54)
- ► 2012 (97)
- Don't Waste Your Money
- Make It A Habit To Imagine
- Sometimes It's All About Dessert
- "If you light a lamp for somebody else it will als...
- Wait Training
- DISCOUNT CODE
- Why Fitness Is Essential For Kids...And The Brain
- Are You A Suburban Or a Prius?
- The Twenty One Day Challenge
- ERG And The Unfortunate Incident of the Volunteer
- Off Season Success
- Trottin' Time
- You Sneaky Mom!
- Just Keep Swimming, Literally
- Ann And The Rest Of Us
- Ann's Secret Spark
- ▼ Nov (18)
- ► 2010 (199)