Sunday, June 14, 2009

Fresh Produce

Have you ever heard of Bountiful Baskets? My neighbor Misty got me started with them about six months ago. It's a fresh vegetable/fruit co-op that drops off fresh produce to various spots around the valley (it's also in Utah). Our basket drop off is Gene Autry Park, less than one mile from my home. I get a great big laundry-size basket full of fresh mangoes, lettuce, apples, bananas -- it's different every time -- all for less than $20 every two weeks. Because there is so much produce, I split the basket with Misty and everyone wins! The variety is awesome, and sometimes it's stuff I wouldn't ever pick up at the grocery store. Two weeks ago it was spaghetti squash peeking from the rim of my bundle. Misty cooked me up her version of the round yellow squash, it was a tasty.

If you're interested, google Bountiful Baskets and check it out. I am loving it. It's a great way to keep your fridge stocked up with all kinds of healthy choices for your family. And, you get to try new stuff that might just turn out to be your new favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Que lindo es sonar despierto.
How lovely it is to dream while you are awake.

Dreams That Have Come True