Friday, February 3, 2012

Rim To Rim Revisited

Elevation tracking from my Garmin 310x GPS

I thought I'd share this profile of our South Rim to North Rim Grand Canyon hike this fall.  Our posse was fairly ambitious in running down the south side of the canyon, where we had a short respite at Phantom Ranch and then continuing uphill at a nice clip until we reached this:

I would recommend first-timers do the north to south hike.   We were rarely passed by hikers traveling south to north since most were traveling from the North.  However, we did pass a couple of crazies who were doing the R2R2R in one day.  Unbelievable. 

Anyway, I liked the graph my Garmin recorded and thought, if you were thinking of going, you'd like it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Que lindo es sonar despierto.
How lovely it is to dream while you are awake.

Dreams That Have Come True