Saturday, September 29, 2012

Inspiration


by Dawn Brooks

Yesterday I competed in my second olympic-distance triathlon. It was an amazing experience. I didn't have my normal entourage of friends with me yelling and cheering me on, but I had my coach Lorie Tucker and a few other friends giving me positive energy and encouragement. But what made the experience completely awe inspiring is right as I was stepping in the water, I saw the first of the parapalegics swim in and get lifted onto the platform. WOW! I had to remove my goggles and wipe a few tears at the sight of these amazing athletes. People ask me why I put myself through all the training to do these types of races and this is exactly why…I get to be in the presence of truly amazing people. I am surrounded by people with such drive and focus. They set a goal and do everything in their power to achieve that goal. I am honored to be in their presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Que lindo es sonar despierto.
How lovely it is to dream while you are awake.

Dreams That Have Come True