Saturday, January 15, 2011
But Wait! Tomorrow's PF Chang's!
I'm a big fan of Nancy Clark's Sports Nutrition Guidebook and here is what Ms. Clark has to say about that.
* On the day before the event, you might want to eat your biggest meal at lunchtime so that the food will have more time to digest and pass through your system. Later, enjoy a normal-sized dinner and a bed-time snack.
* Drink about four to eight extra glasses of water and juices during the two days before the event. You should have to urinate frequently.
* Limit dehydrating fluids such as alcoholic and caffeinated beverages.
* On race morning, drink at least three glasses of water up to two hours before the event, one to two cups 5-10 minutes before race time.
* On the morning of the event, eat a breakfast that you know will settle well. Food you're familiar with will prevent hunger and help maintain a normal blood sugar level. Don't try anything new.
Dreams That Have Come True
- ► 2015 (16)
- ► 2014 (35)
- ► 2013 (54)
- ► 2012 (97)
- Why Am I Gaining Weight While Training for an Iron...
- Ain't No Mountain High Enough
- My First 50 Miler by Jeff Rush
- Victory Down Shelly Lane by Janeen Wright
- What's Your Vision?
- PF Chang's Marathon Checklist
- But Wait! Tomorrow's PF Chang's!
- See How They Run
- Solid Advice From The Incredible Shrinking Woman
- Three Discoveries And One Hard Fact
- Bike For Sale
- Training Tips from Elite Coach Luis Vargas
- How To Train In Utah
- ▼ Jan (13)
- ► 2010 (199)