Thursday, March 10, 2011

Where Have You Been All My Life?

Adamo saddle, you had me at hello.  You see, I never knew what I was missing 'til I found you. And now I am one happy gal.  

Here's my logical yet illogical thought process:  I've enjoyed the Terry butterfly saddle -- forever.  It works.  It's comfy.  Terry and Trek = a comfortable road ride.  Why mess with a good thing?  So, I thought, why not use that same Terry butterfly for my Guru tri bike?

Let's just stop right there.  First, the angles are all wrong for a road saddle and aerobar mix.  The contact point when you are angled into an aero position, coupled with an upright roadie saddle can get really painful.

I thought I was just gonna deal with that irritation, until I rode with K.   She was not shifting her weight around, standing on her pedals, situating herself every which way for comfort and relief.  No, K could stay down in her aerobars for miles at a time in total bliss!

So off to my favorite bike mechanic I went for a new bike fit.  And with a few tweaks and adjustments, and a new Adamo saddle, I am a new woman.

Thank you, Adamo.  I am forever grateful for your research and development team that created the funkiest yet most beautiful saddle I've ever known.

What a difference a day makes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Que lindo es sonar despierto.
How lovely it is to dream while you are awake.

Dreams That Have Come True