Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Becoming

If you draw a timeline of your life -- from birth to, say, 85 years old -- a dot at age 45 is only halfway down the journey.  There's a lot of life still to live.  A lot of things to start and a lot of things to finish on the second half of that timeline.   A lot of time to... BECOME. 

Which is why I love this:
My dear friend Liz Eaton** designed this bracelet.  She found the quote on my blog a few days ago and whipped this up for me in her spare time.  (With three kids under four her time is, indeed, precious).

I like that this bracelet reminds me to try every day to become a better person.   I like that it reminds me to to try harder and make time for the things I think are important in life. 

So what is it that you want to become?  It's never too late.   A one-hundred-year-old man just finished a marathon in India.  My father became a competitive cyclist at at 70.  Diana Nyad attempted to swim from Cuba to Florida.  She was 62.  

It's time to seize the day, friends.  It's time to take the first step.  Decide today what YOU you want to be.  'Cause there is a lot of life to live.  And excuses just aren't gonna fly with me. 

Ready.  Set.  Go!


**Liz is a professional jewelry designer with a degree in metal arts.  Check out her etsy shop here and browse through her amazing collection.  And if you have a mantra of your own, let her know.  She does custom stuff as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Que lindo es sonar despierto.
How lovely it is to dream while you are awake.

Dreams That Have Come True