Monday, April 2, 2012

Measuring Your Swim In The Open Water

Photo credit here

Measuring the distance of an open water swim can get tricky.  I personally use a Garmin 310xt for my triathlon training and open water swimming because the watch is waterproof.  But I have found that the best way to measure my swim distances at the lake is to tie my Garmin on a string to the zipper on my wetsuit and place the watch under a swim cap.  This seems to provide the most accurate swim measurements for me.

I've often referred this this blog and you might find it helpful, as well.

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2010/06/new-garmin-forerunner-310xt-openwater.html

1 comment:

  1. i want the 910xt - i saw the stats you get from it and i am dying for it

    ReplyDelete

Que lindo es sonar despierto.
How lovely it is to dream while you are awake.

Dreams That Have Come True