Thursday, October 29, 2009

Random Epiphany


As I was boogie woogying around the kitchen today, I had this funny realization: the dance moves I've used from junior high school through college are all I got.

I used to laugh at my parents or anyone older than me when they danced. Their movements seemed so ... dated. They'd throw a little waltz-type box step in with an under-the-arm pass through. Totally out of style. My mom even had the Chubby Checker "Twist" in her dance repertoire!

Now here I am -- my mother.

It's pretty funny when you think about it. We never seem to lose those moves that got us through proms and college formals. They are ingrained in our brain.

Talk about muscle memory.

Good thing Michael Jackson and I are such good dancers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Que lindo es sonar despierto.
How lovely it is to dream while you are awake.

Dreams That Have Come True