Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Little things


It's the little things...right? Yes, I believe little things make the difference in the world. Clean sheets, fresh tomatoes from the garden, and a nice pair of running socks.

I've been doing this running thing for quite a few years, and just that long ago I found out that good socks make all the difference between happy feet and cruel shoes. I've tried them all: pretty ones with cute cuffs, heavy ones with lots of padding, even compression socks. But when I'm heading out for the long run, I reach for my Balegas.

Balega's are super comfy. I go with the "hidden" model that doesn't have a cuff. Seamless. Thin. They are the bomb diggity for my tooties. Check them out here: http://www.balegasports.com/

Then you'll too know my runner girl secret.

1 comment:

  1. There are many things that go into happy feet when running. As a podiatrist, I have seen many sad feet from lack of proper support, ill-fitting shoe gear, and inadequate sports conditioning. Yet I think you bring up a great point regarding the unsung benefits of proper socks. That skin/shoe interface needs a great support system, and thick cushion doesn't always equal comfortable feet. I'll spread the word regarding your Balegas. Do you think they'll give me a discount now...?

    ReplyDelete

Que lindo es sonar despierto.
How lovely it is to dream while you are awake.

Dreams That Have Come True