Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Elementary, my dear.

I attended an all day seminar last weekend put on by this gal,

Pro Triathlete Jessi Stensland.

Um, yeah.  True story, you can find her by googling "hot triathletes". 

But enough about that. 

Jessi taught the absolutely essential need to warm up before any swim, bike or run.  She suggested even one minute of pre-exercise drills will keep you injury free for a lifetime.

While I have many of these to share with you, I'll give you just one for today....skipping.  Yep.  Skipping.  Skipping activates the ankles, knees, hips, arms and core.  You can skip lightly for say, 30 second, before any run to trigger your muscles and mind that you are ready to move.  Try it on your next run.  It's pretty awesome. 

1 comment:

  1. Lorie:
    It was so good to see you and Todd at the reception thanks for taking the time to come. You look, as always beautiful and Todd never changes, he looks young and handsome. I love to run and cycle I miss it so much and cannot wait to do it again. I loved what you said about skipping, I do that too, so it made me feel like I at least did something right ha ha.
    There is also a technique to running, I trained with a lady who taught me how to run correctly, I'm sure you have learned all that though. It made such a difference for me to have someone who actually knows wha they are doing to show me, and the shoes, oh the shoes will make a huge difference. I love you Love Monya

    ReplyDelete

Que lindo es sonar despierto.
How lovely it is to dream while you are awake.

Dreams That Have Come True