Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My Bag of Tricks

I've got a nice little supply of torture devices to my name-- medicine balls, stretchy bands, a BOSU, The Stick, to name a few.  But the all-time most used piece of equipment I own is a six-foot nylon rope.
My rope  is knotted at both end and is nothing special or expensive.   But I use it daily for stretching.  I wrap it around my heels and stretch my hamstrings.  I hold it above my head and stretch my arms. 

There are all kinds of uses for it.  I even searched Youtube for some stretching techniques with a rope, but they are all so goofy that I just laughed. 

You can get any length of rope you want at Home Depot or Lowe's.  My six-foot one is perfect for me.  For less than 10 bucks, you've got your own personal stretcher and your first addition to your own Bag of Tricks. 

1 comment:

  1. Did you see what Jillian had the Biggest Loser contestants do with rope? Pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete

Que lindo es sonar despierto.
How lovely it is to dream while you are awake.

Dreams That Have Come True