Sunday, September 20, 2009

Preferred Pasta

Channelling my inner Jessica Seinfeld, I've made a little tweek to our spaghetti dinners. I started using whole wheat pasta instead of white flour noodles. At first, I had to secretly mix half of the white pasta with half of the whole wheat noodles. But my kids' taste buds have matured and they are now okay with the healthier noodles.

I think they have made improvements to whole wheat pasta in the past year. My original attempts with whole wheat noodles seemed to taste about as good as warmed-up cardboard. I've since experimented with different brands and De Cecco and Barilla seem to get our family's vote.

We don't miss the white stuff anymore. Whole wheat is delicious, healthy and most importantly, easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Que lindo es sonar despierto.
How lovely it is to dream while you are awake.

Dreams That Have Come True