Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Hood To Coast


This just in. My brother Dave did the Hood To Coast Relay this weekend, a 197 mile race with a team of 12 runners who run from Mt. Hood to the Oregon Coast. I love to hear about races that might be fun to try in the upcoming years. According to Dave, I should put this one on the calendar for 2010. Here is his report:

If you ever get a chance to go, jump on it. Unbelievable course and Nike puts on a good show. Relay races like that really expose the training (or lack thereof) that you’ve put in. I found out that all the time I put on the bike training for 1000 Warriors didn’t help me at all for the hills, rollers, and distances required for this race. I felt great the first leg, started to feel the burn my second, and was absolutely shot by the time I started my third. I’m walking around like an 80-year old man with replaced knees and avoiding stairs like the plague.


Here are a few specifics:
Nike Hood To Coast Relay
197 miles
12,000 runners
28th Annual Year
3,500 volunteers
Largest Relay in the World!
Incredible Adventure with Unbeatable Scenery
Fundraise for Charity of Choice: American Cancer Society
From majestic Mt. Hood to beautiful Pacific Ocean in Seaside

I need a team of 12. Who's in?

2 comments:

Que lindo es sonar despierto.
How lovely it is to dream while you are awake.

Dreams That Have Come True