Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Preview of a Miracle

Why is it that I experience complete memory loss when I try and count my laps in the pool?  Was that 7 or 9?  Was that an 800 or 850, well,  what?  And I don't think I am alone.  There's something about that endless stream of flip turns and mindlessly numbing stare at the black line at the bottom of the pool that seems to shut my mind off.

But don't get me wrong, I love to swim.  Maybe I enjoy that ability to close down my super excellent brain for awhile.  Or is it that I am thinking about what I have to do AFTER I swim?  Who knows.  Whatever it is I am really excited for this:
This is the Pool-Mate.  It was invented by a triathletes in the UK and is hitting the shelves of the US in July.  

Here's what's cool about this bad boy:  the Pool-Mate is the first automatic swim computer/lap counter on the market.  Until now, if you've wanted to count your laps, you needed to touch something at the end of the pool.  With this spiffy gadget, you just push start before your workout and the watch will calculate your distance, average stroke per lap, speed, calories and efficiency.  

Um, Wow.  I think they might be on to something.  You can read more about it here:  http://www.swimovate.com/poolmate.html.  I am excited about trying it out.  Iron Gear Sports has placed a big order of them, so I will be sporting one as soon as you can they arrive off the boat.

Full details to come.  But until then, I might start using a British accent when I go to Masters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Que lindo es sonar despierto.
How lovely it is to dream while you are awake.

Dreams That Have Come True