Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Stumped On What To Get Her For Christmas?

As I sit here at my computer tackling online Christmas shopping, I am reminded of this book/gift for my loyal blog readers:

Run Like A Mother by Dimity McDowell and Sarah Bowen Shea.

This is a perfect gift for a newbie female runner who needs a little guidance and motivation to tackle this sport called Running (No, we do not EVER call it jogging).  The advice is solid, the stories are fun, and the writing is exceptional.  

I purchased RLAM on my Kindle awhile ago, but I wish I had a hard copy so I could refer back to the anecdotes and information that the authors cover in each chapter.  

This isn't a book for a seasoned runner; most of the information is basic to the sport.  But for a light, interesting read for someone who is just lacing up their new Adidas, I'd highly recommend this book.  Plus the authors are so relatable, it's like you're reading about your new best friend.

Just another holiday suggestion to kick start the runners in your life.  You're welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Que lindo es sonar despierto.
How lovely it is to dream while you are awake.

Dreams That Have Come True