Sunday, April 17, 2011

Boston Day One...And Day Two*

L. Tuck, checking in live from Bwhahston, Mass.  Scattered clouds and strong Nor'easterly winds out here.  But you can feel the excitement in the air.  This city has marathon fever.  Take a look!
Even the airport is excited about Monday
Tomorrow's day includes packet pick up and checking out the expo.  With 20 thousand other runners. 
Now I'm no fashionista, but here's where I start to question this sport.  Why is it that people feel they need to be walking billboards for running?  I understand the pride of the marathon.  I know that one acquires quite a few race tees over the years.  But seriously, don't people have any REGULAR clothes?  For travel?  Maybe a nice collared polo or a cute pair of jeans?  Don't you own another pair of shoes besides your Asics?

My flight was packed with runners.  And you didn't have to be Nancy Drew to figure that one out.  BOSTON 2008 windbreakers, sweats from Livestrong, and every where you turned, shirts enblazoned with "marathon"... Rock and Roll, Big Sur, New York!!  Every runner on that flight was silently screaming:  I did it!  I made it to Boston and I'm running this great event!  All without opening their mouths.  

I enjoy the gear just as much as the next gal, but maybe in smaller doses. Maybe not on the flight over.   How about letting your physique speak for itself?  

Subtle.  A good word and a good practice.

* Day Two Update:  Okay, I get it now.  You get to the expo, and there's all the Boston wear all bright new and shiny.  You want it.  And once you get it, there's nowhere else you can wear it besides on your training days or at the next expo.  My apologies.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Que lindo es sonar despierto.
How lovely it is to dream while you are awake.

Dreams That Have Come True