Thursday, July 22, 2010

Too Thin Shorts and Other Tales From The Closet

Our washing machine is broken.  The repairman has been back three times over three days but can't seem to solve the problem.  I already had a back up of laundry, so the result is I'm forced to reach back into my closet for my "old shorts".  Old, nappy bike shorts are gross.  Old, thin swimsuits are even worse.  I've dealt with both this week and had to retire a few precious wardrobe items, STAT.

Like noticing the cars on the road that are exactly like the new car you just bought, I'm getting really AWARE of my fellow cyclists' wardrobe choices, too.   Specifically I've noticed that a LOT of people have shorts they need to retire.  Namely, those shorts that give us too much information when you are riding behind that person. Sometimes when the sun crests the horizon and morning light hits those black cycling shorts just right, we see more than the crack of dawn, if you know what I mean.  I don't think it's intentional, really.  Just an ... undersight.

Maybe on today's "to do" list a de-junking is in order.  It might be worth holding up those go-to shorts in the light and giving them a once over.   Or tossing that micro-thin Speedo that has had one too many dips in the chlorinated pool.  Or throwing out those threadbare running socks.

Today might be a good day for a "purge."

I'm just sayin.

2 comments:

  1. Nice post, and good advice Lorie but my see-through look is intentional, kind of like male- lingerie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need your advice on a bike. I am overwhelmed by bikes! What is a good entry level bike to get? I have been running for a while now and am ready to take the plunge and cross train with cycling. I just don't know where to start!

    ReplyDelete

Que lindo es sonar despierto.
How lovely it is to dream while you are awake.

Dreams That Have Come True