Those Cross Country high school kids impress me. Or XC or Cross. They inspire and motivate and keep me watching.
No, no, no. Not me.
But these are the kids on the cross country teams I see today. They are high achievers who rise before the sun for long canal runs. They workout in the heat of the day when you'd find it uncomfortable to watch from the bleachers. They stretch daily. They listen to their coaches. They watch what they eat. They GO TO BED EARLY. Yes, high schoolers!
Mountain View High School and every high school cross country team around the nation, well done! You are the future. And the future looks pretty good to me.
Dreams That Have Come True
- ► 2015 (16)
- ► 2014 (35)
- ► 2013 (54)
- ► 2012 (97)
- ► 2011 (144)
- Pump It
- More Wisdom From Compendium
- Five Years...260 weeks...1,825 days...2,333,000 mi...
- What Sparks Your Dreams?
- Why Can't We Be Friends?
- Gorilla Wear - Get It While It's HOT!
- A Shoe Do
- Shop for a Shop
- For Those About To Run, We Salute You
- A.M. Aromas
- Adding In Weights
- The Congregation
- Racing Weight by Matt Fitzgerald
- An Open Letter to Levi Leipheimer on the Occasion ...
- Butt...of course
- A Second Attempt at Falling Whistles-- Read On
- What My Kids Are Into...And Me Too
- Spudman 2010
- ▼ Aug (20)