If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times. All it takes is one good friend to help you fight the battle of that super soft pillow in the mornings. If you could find one friend who is consistent and a little bit faster and stronger than you, it's a real nice bonus. And if you could find one who wants to run or swim a little longer than you, or climb one more mountain on the bike with you, you've got yourself a real gem.
Fortunately, I've got lots of friends who aren't afraid to set their alarms in "the threes" to get up for a long bike ride. They embrace the darkness of the early morning/very late night runs. They turn back up the mountain for yet one more interval. And swim off into the sunrise. They are crazy.
But crazy is as crazy does. And we are better off because of it.
Thank you, friends.
Dreams That Have Come True
- ► 2015 (16)
- ► 2014 (35)
- ► 2013 (54)
- ► 2012 (97)
- ► 2011 (144)
- Pump It
- More Wisdom From Compendium
- Five Years...260 weeks...1,825 days...2,333,000 mi...
- What Sparks Your Dreams?
- Why Can't We Be Friends?
- Gorilla Wear - Get It While It's HOT!
- A Shoe Do
- Shop for a Shop
- For Those About To Run, We Salute You
- A.M. Aromas
- Adding In Weights
- The Congregation
- Racing Weight by Matt Fitzgerald
- An Open Letter to Levi Leipheimer on the Occasion ...
- Butt...of course
- A Second Attempt at Falling Whistles-- Read On
- What My Kids Are Into...And Me Too
- Spudman 2010
- ▼ Aug (20)