Sunday, February 13, 2011

Things You Ask Yourself When You're Running...

And your ipod stops working.


--Why did I wear such warm weather socks?
--How is she running so fast and taking off her sweatshirt at the same time?
--Should I check my Garmin and see my pace, or is it better not to look?
--When I turn, will the wind help push me up the hill?
--Did the wind switch directions?
--Can I actually see that next mile marker?
--Hmm, did I grab water or Gatorade to wash down this GU?
--That guy's running so slow.  Why can't I catch him?
--Was that really mile 12?
--Is this the longest mile?
--Should I take a peek behind me to see if anyone's going to pass me?
--Is all this heavy breathing good for me?
--Why did I sign up for a race that starts and ends uphill?
--Did I just help that charity out?
--That was awesome.  When can I do this again?

Ethan's Run 2011.  Great neighborhood feel.  Smiling crowds with happy runners.  Mile markers dedicating the next mile to a child with heart defects.  A community coming together.  A great way to spend a Saturday in February in Arizona. 

Here's some of the children we helped along the way:
http://heartbabyscarlett.blogspot.com/2010/02/ethans-run-today.html
http://crazyskids.blogspot.com/2010/02/ethans-run-final-countdown.html
http://andersonsavenue.blogspot.com/2010/01/ethans-run
htmlhttp://andigooch.blogspot.com/2010/02/ethans-run.html

2 comments:

  1. Where did the girl I'm coaching go? I thought she was supposed to be fast! Sucker. :0 You forgot to mention that one. P.s. I don't have a blog that I use, but here's some things I was thinking with an ipod that worked: Wow, I feel great. Wow, this is a loong hill. What a gorgeous day. I think all of these families with heart babies are amazing. Ohh, so sad, I think my heart will break if I keep thinking about them. My coach is fast. And awesome. I thought I was in better shape than this. Why is my knee hurting me? The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak! Advil. Nice. I think I'm going to cry if I keep having to slow down. I hope they don't close the course on me. I'm pretty sure I'm in better shape than I feel. I hope I am. I think I'm more of "10k" kind of girl... I better train more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And then, after hanging with my friends, visiting another in the neighborhood, getting on my bike to ride home....there on the course, at mile 11 was a lady walking her way in to the finish line. Nah, they'll never close the course and you'll never be last. That's the good stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Que lindo es sonar despierto.
How lovely it is to dream while you are awake.

Dreams That Have Come True