Friday, February 19, 2010

Enervitene - I don't know how to even pronounce it, but it is sweet


I used this on my long run on Monday.  The two miles following my swallow of this stuff increased by almost 30 seconds each.  Good stuff and better than GU.  

Here's what Bicycling Magazine says about it:
A while back, a PR representative from Enervit's U.S. distributor was visiting Bicycling's Emmaus, PA, office, and I told him that the Enervit Cheer Pack ($20 per 5 pack of 2 fl. Oz.) had become my go-to choice on the toughest rides of the season.


"I hope they're short rides," he said, and proceeded to explain that I was using the Cheer Pack wrong, that it was only for a quick boost, and what I really needed was something with balanced carbohydrates and.... Whatever, dude. All I know is that I'm kicking your ass up and down the street. And I'll have some more of that Cheer Pack.


Don't let the packaging fool you. This is a liquid, not a gel (almost all first-time users squirt the stuff all over their faces, expecting to squeeze out a gel). Made with maltodextrin, fructose and glucose, it hits you like a bomb going off - the fastest energy kick I've ever found. You only get about 30 grams of carbo per hit (there are two servings per container, and the screw-top is easy to get on and off). There's vitamin C, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6 and pantothenic acid. The kick lasts only about 15-20 minutes, and, as the man said, there really isn't enough to fuel you. But whatever's going on in that funny orange package is magic voodoo nutrition technology at its finest. Carry a gel or a bottle with energy drink plus a Cheer Pack and you're gonna' be untouchable. Or at least feel that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Que lindo es sonar despierto.
How lovely it is to dream while you are awake.

Dreams That Have Come True