Thursday, February 4, 2010
It Took Years for Me To Try Sushi. Now Soy??
I'm happy to say that Silk is really very good! Super chocolaty and .... silky! I like it, hey Mikey!?! Seriously, it is yum. But besides being tasty, it does have some great benefits.
In 2009 scientests tested the effects of chocolate milk on nine male cyclists who did an energy depleting exercises session. After each session they drank one of three test drinks halfway through a four-hour recovery period. They then cycled in an endurance trial. Eight of the nine subjects cycled for longer in the trial after drinking chocolate milk than after drinking Gatorade or Endurox.
The thing about chocolate soy milk, is it's a real food. Drinking a sports drink is like putting vitamins in a glass of water. While this is effective on the fly, using real food just has a greater overall benefit for the body.
Milk does a body good. But chocolate does a body even better.
Dreams That Have Come True
- ► 2015 (16)
- ► 2014 (35)
- ► 2013 (54)
- ► 2012 (97)
- ► 2011 (144)
- The Spice of Life ... Or How To Really Enjoy Your ...
- "Write It Down" by Guest Blogger Greg Arnett
- Fashion Week
- It's Not Rocket Science
- Enervitene - I don't know how to even pronounce it...
- Opening My Eyes
- Fostering Bananas
- On That Note
- Two legs stable, single-leg stable, two-legs unsta...
- The Chicken or the Egg
- Tuesday Tri Tips (very beefy)
- Grief Therapy
- Paceline Perfection
- A Case For Naps
- It Took Years for Me To Try Sushi. Now Soy??
- The Orient Express or Marathon Tales from Overseas
- The Sincerest Form of Flattery
- ▼ Feb (18)