Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Flippin' Good Advice

Here's a good tip I learned the other day for flip turns.  I cornered the best swimmer in the pool and asked her how she turned so beautifully off the wall.

"Just before I turn, I look at bottom edge of the tiled T in front of me and that automatically puts my body in the right position.  My eyes focus downward and I do a strong butterfly kick just before I flip," she said.

At that point, she pushed off the wall in her streamline position and swam away.  It was cool.



Give it a shot.  Eyes down, chin/neck in a 90 degree angle, hard flip from the core, plant your feet, corkscrew, streamline, then stroke.

Simple.

1 comment:

  1. ...not so simple for some of us...I get so much water up my nose and I always end up heading toward the bottom of the pool! I feel like I am going to drown! But I am not giving up. I practice a few turns each workout! Maybe you can give me some tips...

    ReplyDelete

Que lindo es sonar despierto.
How lovely it is to dream while you are awake.

Dreams That Have Come True