Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Pay It Forward

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  How about instead of going to out to lunch, save your money and send a small donation to Layla's cause?  Or pledging just $1 per mile?  Or even more!  Small and Simple, my friends.   Here is her story:

Dear Lorie,
Ten years ago this October, my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer.  After five and a half years of battling this disease through multiple rounds of chemotherapy, she passed away at the age of 42.  Her mother was also killed by breast cancer and the age of 71.  In my case and in that of hundreds of thousands of women diagnosed with breast cancer, this disease is the result of a gene mutation that can manifest itself as cancer at any time of the "carrier's' life.
Leyla and her Mom Margot
After a series of tests, not only did I find out I have this gene mutation, but my daughter is very likely to carry it as well.  
Baby Margot
This November, I'll be participating in a very special event called the Susan G. Komen 3-Day For The Cure.  I'll walk 60 miles over the course of three days with thousands of other men and women.  My purpose for walking is the do what I can to raise funds to find a cure for those people who inherited this gene mutation, and for all those who have been or will be diagnosed with breast cancer.

I need your help.  I am hoping to surpass the $2,300 goal that each walker needs.  I invite and encourage you to donate online at The3Day.org.  Just click on Donate and search for my personal fundraising page (Leyla Safsten Norberg).  You can also call 800-996-3DAY to donate over the phone.

Without a cure, one person will die of breast cancer every 13 minutes in the United States.  Please join me in fighting for a world without cancer.  Thank you for all of your support.  I am incredibly lucky to have people like you in my life.

Love,
Leyla Norberg


www.The3Day.org    
1-800-996-3DAY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Que lindo es sonar despierto.
How lovely it is to dream while you are awake.

Dreams That Have Come True