Ladies, if you think you're not strong. Or can't run fast. Or are just too tired to train for a marathon, I have proof that you CAN DO IT! Here's a quote from Born to Run:
"How come nearly all the women finish Leadville (100 mile off road running race) and fewer than half the men do? Every year, more than 90 percent of the female runners come home with a buckle, while 50 percent of the men come home with an excuse. Not even Ken Chlouber (race director) can explain the sky-high female finishing rate, but he can damn well exploit it: "All my pacers are women," Chlouber says. "They get the job done."
So let's go, girls. Who's ready?
Dreams That Have Come True
- ► 2015 (16)
- ► 2014 (35)
- ► 2013 (54)
- ► 2012 (97)
- ► 2011 (144)
- Not-So-Stupid Human Tricks
- What Does the 38th Largest City in America Need?
- The Slow Run
- Live And Learn
- Final Race Report from a Newbie Runner
- Twice As Nice - Althea's Take on the Half
- Race Report #2 from the Full-Time Cyclist/Part-Tim...
- The Elite Runner
- How'd Dey Do Dat?
- Amazing Swimming Animation With An Ideal Fast Free...
- Save Your Skin
- It's Time to Rock and Roll!!
- There's A Bit of a Buzz Going Around...
- To Thine Ownself Be True
- Food For Thought
- A Quick Book Review
- Why Not Just Do Freestyle?
- Let's Hear It For The Girls
- The Secret to the Swimming Parka
- Born to Run - Two Thumbs Up
- Candy, Candy Canes, Candy Corns and Syrup
- ▼ Jan (22)