Althea Beltran (or one half of the Barbies)
Goal Time: Cross the Finish Line With My Twin
Finish Time: 1:39
Number of Marathons Completed: 2
Training Plan: Long run on Mondays, track on Wednesdays- when I made it, hills on Friday, easy on Sunday-if I ran on Sunday I would take Monday or Wed. off. Gym on Tues/Thurs.
What I Wore: bough an outfit- running skirt and long sleeve jacket /shirt (it had a zipper on it, that cut me up)
Pre-Race Breakfast: 1/2 bagel and peanut butter, ensure, part of a banana- I am usually better at this, but I was tired from working all weekend
During The Race: not much- 1 salt tablet, rotated water, cytomax drink- 2 round chewy things- I am usually better, but again not that prepared due to working (Althea worked at the race Expo).
What Helped? Track workout, long runs, bagel, and Ensure
What was Hard? mile 10 to 11
Opinion of the Race: It is a great race, great weather, flat, but a little boring- fans aren’t the best, they only cheer on their own.
I know, I know, where is Althea's picture? It's bound to be the best part of the race report, right? I'm working on it. All in due time, my friends, all in due time.
Dreams That Have Come True
- ► 2015 (16)
- ► 2014 (35)
- ► 2013 (54)
- ► 2012 (97)
- ► 2011 (144)
- Not-So-Stupid Human Tricks
- What Does the 38th Largest City in America Need?
- The Slow Run
- Live And Learn
- Final Race Report from a Newbie Runner
- Twice As Nice - Althea's Take on the Half
- Race Report #2 from the Full-Time Cyclist/Part-Tim...
- The Elite Runner
- How'd Dey Do Dat?
- Amazing Swimming Animation With An Ideal Fast Free...
- Save Your Skin
- It's Time to Rock and Roll!!
- There's A Bit of a Buzz Going Around...
- To Thine Ownself Be True
- Food For Thought
- A Quick Book Review
- Why Not Just Do Freestyle?
- Let's Hear It For The Girls
- The Secret to the Swimming Parka
- Born to Run - Two Thumbs Up
- Candy, Candy Canes, Candy Corns and Syrup
- ▼ Jan (22)